Salt water flush for chronic constipation: Reset your digestive system (Recipe Included!)
Constipation affects many people and often is a result of poor eating habits, not enough fiber in our diet, stress and the list goes on. It may happen that everything we try just doesn't do the trick and we remain feeling blocked up and uncomfortable.
A salt water flush can be a great solution to instantly unblocking and cleaning out your digestive system and colon by inducing a forced bowel movement.
Aside from releasing built up waste and toxins in the body, it is a great way to kick-start a liver detox.
Drinking a salt mixture activates the body’s mechanism and acts as a natural laxative, kick-starting the digestive system back on track, as a result, feeling lighter and less sluggish.
It is best to do the salt water flush 2-3 hours on an empty stomach or first thing in the morning.
To do a salt water flush, you will need the following:
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt, such as pink Himalayan Salt. (do not use iodinated salt)
- Glass jar with lid (1 liter or larger)
- 1 liter of filtered water
1. Heat up 1 liter of water in pot, do not boil. Water should be warm but not hot.
2. Place heated water in glass jar and add 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt.
3. Add lid to jar and shake to fully dissolve the salt
4. Drink the salt water quickly. It's best to not sip it, ideally drink it all at one or within 1-2 minutes. It doesn't taste that great, so the faster it goes down the better!
5. Lay down on your side and gently massage your stomach. You can switch sides and do the same. Within 20-30 minutes you will feel an urge to do a bowel movement. You may need to go a few times so it's best to not leave the house for at-least an hour after drinking the mixture.
Enjoy some dandelion, burdock or milk thistle tea after you feel fully cleaned out.